Dear Jericho Road Staff, Board, and Supports,
The Ebola crisis in Sierra Leone has us all worried. The daily news reports seem to be going from bad to worse. This crisis is heavy on all our hearts at Jericho Road. We are personally affected because our Sister Phebian is currently there working on our medical mission project. At the moment she is safe.
Even though the situation is dark and hopeless, we know that we serve a God of light and hope. He knew that this Ebola crisis would occur during this time in history. This is not a surprise to Him. We, at Jericho Road, are turning to Him because He is faithful to us personally and to our medical mission project in Sierra Leone. He also hears our prayers. Isaiah 65:24, "Before they call, I will answer, while they are still speaking, I will hear."
August 1, 2014, we are having a day of fasting and prayer for this situation in Sierra Leone. We invite you to join us, if you are able, as we make an appeal to God for mercy and justice during this terrible time. We might continue to do this on a regular basis so please stay tuned. We are also working on a way to contribute financially to this specific crisis in SL through our website. Stay tuned for that as well.
Here are the specific prayer requests:
1. Jericho Road's Global Health Outreach and the Sierra Leone Alliance partners are meeting next week to come up with a tangible way to move forward. Pray for wisdom and a clear direction going forward.
2. For protection over Phebian, her family, Pastor Joshua, his family, and all the people of the Kono district especially those who have personally invested in our mission.
3. For all the medical personal working with Samaritan's Purse, Doctor's without Borders, the local hospitals/clinics in Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone including Wellbody in the Kono district who are risking their lives for the patients they are serving.
4. For our SL Alliance partners who have people on the ground serving there: Let them LOL, Global Outreach, World Hope, Edunations, Houghton College.
5. That this Ebola outbreak would be contained and cease. That the people of SL would seek medical help early and go to the appropriate treatment centers. That the rumors would stop about how it's spread. That the education provided by the SL ministry of Health would be circulated quickly.
Thank you everyone. God Bless.