At Jericho Road, we are very engaged in the Ebola crisis in Sierra Leone due to our personal connection and medical mission project there. Through this crisis we have been able to connect and partner with multiple organizations that are doing amazing work in Sierra Leone. The WNY Sierra Leone Alliance has been able to also step up their partnership with one another in order to pool resources to best help the country during this time. We've also been able to create new partnerships that will hopefully be sustainable going forward to grow our medical mission in Sierra Leone.
The Jericho Road Global Health Outreach committee has been thinking of ways to tangibly help the country of Sierra Leone during this Ebola crisis. We hope and pray that you will partner with us so that we can be the hands and feet of Jesus in Sierra Leone during this time. Thank you in advance for partnering with us and for praying for the country of Sierra Leone.
Here is how we can help:
1. The Kono District needs an ambulance. There is no way to transport patients with acute illnesses or even potential Ebola patients to the hospital. This ambulance would function during this crisis but would also be an asset in providing life saving medical care in that district. The ambulance would be shared between the Wellbody Alliance and Jericho Road's health center. Wellbody has become one of our key partners in the Kono District of Sierra Leone. They are a well established and highly respected health center in Kono that is providing for the primary care needs of that community. A goal of $40,000 is needed for the ambulance.
2. Kings College needs our help. They are a non-for-profit out of London that is providing Ebola medical care in Freetown at the Connaught Government Hospital. This is the only hospital in Freetown that is providing Ebola care. They are in desperate need of personal protective equipment (PPE), medical supplies, and non medical supplies. Our goal is to raise $15,000 for Kings College.
Person Protective Equipment allows medical providers to continue to serve the people of Sierra Leone and also keep themselves safe.
3. We would like to fill a crate of PPE, medical supplies, and non-medical supplies. This crate would be shipped in the upcoming weeks. We want to fill it up! Our goal is to raise $15,000.
4. The cost of living in Sierra Leone has increased since the Ebola crisis. Food and transportation cost significantly more now. Our medical clinic building project continues to progress at a steady rate however, we are in need of additional funds to get the clinic operational. The primary care needs will be even greater after the Ebola crisis is over and we plan to stand in the gap in the Kono district. We would like to raise an additional $20,000 to help with ongoing operational costs of our medical clinic.
5. Please consider supporting one of our in country partners. The links are below. Each organization is highly respected, well established, and honest in their mission to help the people of Sierra Leone.
- Global Outreach
- JRCHC Global Health Outreach
- Kings College
- Let Them LOL
- Wellbody Alliance
- World Hope International
- Women of Hope International
Please consider using the donate now link on the right hand side of this page. Select either "Global Health Outreach: Sierra Leone" to donate to ongoing operational funds or "Ebola Crisis" to donate to the urgent needs fund. Thank you in advance for partnering with us. All donations are tax deductible and a receipt will be mailed.