Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Hope for the Future 10/22/14

Isaiah 65.

Today, I leave for home. Excited to be with Joyce, our children, and my Jericho Road family again. Nervous about the trip home and the reentry into normal life in Buffalo. Sad to say goodbye once again to Phebian and this amazing country.

Hopefully my emails have given you a glimpse of life in Sierra Leone in an Ebola zone. I trust this will motivate you to support the work of Jericho Road and Phebian in a sacrificial way. And I trust you will not soon forget what is happening in West Africa.

I want to sign off with a portion of scripture from Isaiah 65 that captures my heart for the future of Sierra Leone...

Isaiah 65

"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former shall no longer be remembered or come to mind. I will rejoice in Sierra Leone, and joy in my people; the voice of weeping shall no longer be heard in her, nor the voice of crying. No more shall an infant from there live but a few days, nor an old man who has not fulfilled his days; for the child shall die one hundred years old, and the sinner being one hundred years old will be accursed. They shall build houses, and inhabit them; they shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit. They shall not build and another inhabit; they shall not plant and eat another; for as the days of a tree so shall be the days of my people, and my elect shall enjoy the work of their hands. They shall not labor in vain, nor bring forth children for trouble; for they shall be the descendants of the blessed of The Lord, and their offspring with them. It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear.

Says the Lord."

Myron.

No comments:

Post a Comment